The National Quality Standards Framework
The National Quality Standards Framework for youth work (NQSF) was introduced in January 2011. This is primarily a support, development and assessment tool that provides services and organisations with the opportunity to articulate through a common language their youth work practice. Donegal Youth Service initially participated in the pilot phase in 2009 and successfully completed the first three year cycle of the NQSF in 2014.
The rationale for the development of the NQSF initiative is to:
- Provide a support and development tool to organisations and projects;
- Establish standards in the practice and provision of youth work;
- Provide an enhanced evidence base for youth work;
- Ensure resources are used effectively in the youth work sector;
- Provide a basis for whole-organisational assessment.