Leaving Cert Results – What’s next?! We are here for you!
Are you ready to check your results tomorrow?
Tomorrow, Wednesday the 16th of August is the day thousands of young people have been waiting for. The long wait is nearly over, and the Leaving Cert results are finally out. Letterkenny Youth Information Centre are here for you at all times of the year, but are ready for your Leaving Cert Results questions all
Image: Julien Behal/PA Wire
day on Wednesday, by phone (074) 91 29640, or drop in to us at 16-18 Port Road, Letterkenny. Parents are also welcome to contact the YIC for information. You are also welcome to drop in if you feel like you just need to have a chat.
Your Leaving Cert Results will be available on www.examinations.ie from 12 noon tomorrow. Remember to take a few deep breaths first!
After you check your results you might be feeling a lot of things. Like happy, sad, confused, disappoointed, unsure, worried, excited or maybe you’re feeling all of them at once. Years of hard work at school have all led up to this moment, and now you have to decide what to do next. Remember however you did that your results do not define, or limit you.
If you don’t get the results you are hoping for it can be disappointing, but remember you have your whole life ahead of you and it’s not the end of the world. There are lots of different options for the year ahead.
- You can accept an alternative CAO course, if you don’t get your first choice. Read more about it, and maybe it’s right for you after all. There are also other further education courses available! What about a Post Leaving Cert course? There are great opportunities for accredited courses. Or even an apprenticeship?
- Maybe you want to take a gap year and get out of the country? There are brilliant opportunities for volunteering abroad, which are all costs covered and provide you with some spending money. Talk to us about EVS opportunities and have the experience of a lifetime.
- If you have your heart set on doing a particular course but you didn’t get the results you need you can always repeat the Leaving Cert. If you are ready to dedicate yourself and ensure you get the results you need second time around this might be worthwhile. Also you don’t have to retake subjects, which are specific requirements for particular Colleges or courses, if they are already obtained.
- Many college places become available, at minimum entry requirements, after the first round offers have been allocated. These are places that aren’t taken up by other students and can be in a whole range of areas. Check availability on the CAO website and the specific college website to get as much information as you can.
- In addition to the state funded colleges, private fee paying Colleges, some outside the CAO system, offer a variety of courses with recognised qualifications. Contact them directly to check availability and cost.
- If you believe you have received an incorrect grade, or noticed a discrepancy between the mark and the grade you received on viewing your exam script then you can apply for a recheck.
Sometimes the road to get where you want to go isn’t as straightforward or simple as you thought it would be, but the bends on the way can be full of adventure. So make the most of them.
Join us for Party in The Park 2017!
Party in the Park 2016
Well whatever your results are you should come down to our FREE festival Party in The Park which takes place on Wednesday the 23rd of August in the Letterkenny Town Park. It’s going to be great craic!
This article was written by Layla
For any press enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org