The Youth Outreach Project, supported by a senior Youth Worker and a Youth Outreach Worker provides a support service to affiliated youth clubs and projects located across the county. Membership continues to be in excess of over 2500 young people aged 5yrs-25yrs in the youth clubs and projects and supported by over 450 adult volunteers.
So what does your club get for its money?
When you affiliate with Donegal Youth Service Ltd, your affiliation fee entitles you to:
Public Liability Insurance Cover:
- Youth Club Activities
- Personal Accident Insurance
- (Youth Clubs that own premises must have property Owners Liability)
Full Garda Vetting
- Full background check on all volunteer leaders in order to ensure Best Practice.
Access to a comprehensive, accredited training programme for young people and adult volunteers.
- Child Protection
- Youth Leader Training
- Personal Development
- Peer Leadership
- Peer Education
- Sex & Relationship Education
- Drug & Alcohol Awareness
Support and Information
Factor Competitions, Nollaig (National Christmas Card Competition) and IYMAs (Irish Youth Music Awards)
- Participation in Youth Work Ireland’s Volunteer Achievement Awards
- Access to local activities, events and competitions
- Summer Programme Insurance and Development
- Annual Flag Day (fundraising opportunity)
- Become a member of Youth Work Ireland (National Youth Agency)
- Assistance with funding applications
- Access to Fas Community Employment Scheme
- Youth Club of the Year Awards
- Young Person of the Year Awards
- Volunteer of the Year Awards
- Full comprehensive Youth Club policy booklet
The Youth Outreach Project is funded by the Department of Children and Youth Affairs